Home > About EFG > History

History

We began in 1885, when K.G. Andersson manufactured and sold his first rib-backed chair in Tranås. The business gradually expanded both with regard to assortment and size until 1972, when the next step forward was taken. After a merger with two other companies the name was changed to NKR.

1993 we changed our name to European Furniture Group - EFG. The background to this is EUs "four freedoms" that not only provide the possibility to work a homogenous European market, we see it as a necessity in order to act strongly in the future. International expansion is to be our strategy for the future.

The first step into the European market was taken in 1992, when we purchased 50% av Wingerei, Norways largest sales company for office furniture. That was followed by the acquisition of Finnish ASKO Huonekalus office furniture division 1997. The same year we bought the rest of Wingerei. And 1999 we established ourselves firmly in Great Britain by way of the acquisition of Matthews Office Furniture Ltd and 2004 we became leading at office furniture on the Norwegian market through acquisition of HOV+DOKKA.